The Different Types of Massage Available
When was the last time you went for a relaxing massage? There are many options for massage in Melbourne, which can make it hard to know which type of massage is right for you.
Here are some of the common types of massage you can get:
- Remedial massage − Uses mobility techniques to improve biomechanics
- Therapeutic massage − Aims to relax the body and improve blood flow
- Lymphatic drainage massage − Seeks to relax the nervous system and strengthen immunity
- Aromatherapy massage − Combines essential oils with massage to target a specific ailment
- Reflexology massage − Massaging of certain reflex points to aid in healing
- Sports massage − Popular among top-level sports figures, this massage targets muscle recovery and/or injury
- Adult massage − A superior pleasure experience to completely relax your body
At Bodyline Yarraville, we specialise in adult massage, helping you to completely relax and release tension.
Massage for Treatment of Disorders
Recent studies have shown that certain massage techniques can help with the treatment of disorders such as:
- Low back pain
- Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
- Soft tissue injuries
- High blood pressure
Massage increases blood flow, which in turn improves circulation, stimulates the lymphatic system and reduces stress hormone levels. It’s therefore no surprise that your health and wellbeing can be improved when you regularly go for a massage. Even if you don’t suffer from a disorder or injury, it’s well-known that a massage instils an immediate sense of calm and relaxation. This is owing to the fact that massage induces the release of endorphins, which gives a natural high.
Want to experience the benefits of massage with an adult massage in Melbourne? Drop into Bodyline today to find out what we can do for you.